Score: Emerson 3, Suffolk 0
Records: Emerson Lions (4-3) ; Suffolk Rams (2-3)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Date: September 10, 2019
The Lead: Junior Grace Tepper paced the Lions WOmen's Volleyball Team with 12 kills as Emerson traveled across the Boston Common to take on the Suffolk Rams, leaving with a 3-0 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Grace Tepper - 12 Kills, 5 Digs, 1 Assist
Rebecca Polsky - 13 Assists
Anna Phillips - 9 Digs
Sarah Mullahy - 5 Kills
Harmony Johnson - 18 Assists
Kenzley Bell - 15 Digs
HOW IT HAPPENED
Set One (25-13, Emerson)
- The Lions jumped out to an early lead grabbing the first four points of the evening and extended the lead to 17-8.
- Suffolk made a small run after calling a timeout, scoring four of the next six points to cut the lead to seven at 19-12.
- Emerson finished out the set on a 6-1 run and closed out the first set 25-13.
Set Two (25-21, Emerson)
- The second set saw Emerson take the first four points again before a small rally cut the Lions lead to one at 5-4.
- Emerson took the next three points to take the lead to 8-4, and eventually extended their lead to 14-8.
- Suffolk went on a 7-1 run of their own to knot the second set at 15.
- Emerson took control of the set from here, scoring seven in a row and taking a commanding 22-15 lead.
- Suffolk came back in the second set, scoring five of the six next points, but it was just too late as the Lions closed out the set 25-21.
Set Three (25-23)
- After Suffolk took the first point of the third set, Emerson scored seven of eight to take a strong 7-2 lead.
- In another back and forth set, Suffolk went on a 7-2 run of their own to tie the set at nine.
- Emerson jumped ahead again, taking the score to 20-15 before Suffolk took three straight points to cut the lead to two.
- The teams traded points and the Lions were up by just one at 23-22, but did enough to take the third set and the sweep, 25-23.