Overall: 10-11 (3-5 NEWMAC)
Emerson 3, Smith 0 | Northampton, Mass. | October 10, 2017
Simmons 3, Emerson 0 | Boston, Mass. | October 13, 2017
Wentworth 3, Emerson 0 | Boston, Mass. | October 14, 2017
BOSTON - Entering the final stretch of the 2017 regular season, the Emerson women's volleyball team takes a break from conference play with a week of welcoming a trio of non-conference foes to the Brown & Plofker Gym. Starting on Tuesday night, the Lions host Rivier at 7:00 p.m. before they hop back into action on Saturday with a tri-match against Me. -Presque Isle and Salem State slated for a 11:00 a.m. start.
A WEEK IN REVIEW
- Emerson went 1-2 within their three matches this past week and put their record at 10-11 to match a conference record of 3-5.
- The Lions started the week off at Smith and captured a 3-0 sweep over the hosts before they suffered back-to-back sweeps against Simmons on Friday night and at Wentworth on Saturday.
EMERSON IN THE NEWMAC
- Freshman Grace Tepper (Kensington, Md.) sits in the fifth spot having produced 3.28 kills per set.
- Junior Moira Brennan (Glenview, Ill.) continues to rank within the top five in assists per set and comes in fifth averaging 8.43 assists as well as fourth in assists at 590.
- Junior Fara Cohen (Morristown, N.J.) ranks 10th in both digs (269) and digs per set (3.79).
- On the defensive side, sophomore Kayleen Bertrand (New Boston, Mass.) sits tied for the sixth spot with 36 aces.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- Rivier comes to Boston on Tuesday night holding a record of 14-8 and a GNAC record of 7-2.
- Currently riding a three-game winning streak, the Raiders most recent win came in a tri-match sweep last Saturday against Albertus Magnus and Saint Joseph's (Me.).
- This will be the first time Emerson and Rivier meet since September 10, 2014, a match in which the Raiders blanked the Lions, 3-0.
SCOUTING THE OWLS
- Me. - Presque Isle has pieced together an overall record of 9-16 and are coming off a pair of sweeps at the hands of Bowdoin and Middlebury this past Saturday.
- Before the Owls come to Boston, they will take on Me. - Machias on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
SCOUTING THE VIKINGS
- Salem States enters Saturday's tri-match with a record of 10-10 and are 3-2 against MASCAC opponents and are currently on a two-match winning streak with its most recent win coming against Framingham State, 3-0, on Saturday afternoon.
- The Vikings are also continuing action against non-MASCAC opponents on Wednesday night and will head to Westfield State.
- Emerson and Salem State last met on the hardwood back on October 4, 2014, in Boston where the Lions swept the Vikings in three sets.
• Stay updated on the Emerson women's volleyball team and follow the Lions on Twitter @EmersonVBALL and on Instagram. Be sure to follow Emerson Athletics on Twitter @EmersonLions for all things Lions athletics. Also, tune into Emerson Channel Sports to watch games live!