Score: Emerson 5, King's (Pa.) 4
Records: Emerson Lions (4-2) ; King's (Pa.) Monarchs (3-2)
Location: Orlando, Fl. (Lake Cane Tennis Center)
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2020
The Lead: In the first official match of the Emerson women's tennis team's spring campaign, the Lions began their spring break trip with a 5-4 victory over King's (Pa.), 5-4, on Sunday afternoon down in Orlando.
- Emerson topped King's (Pa.) for the second straight season opener, topping the Monarchs back on March 3, 2019 by the score of 6-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson battled to a pair of doubles matches to start off the day before they fell in its third doubles game.
- Woodbury and Oglansky topped Alexis Zalutko and Emily Fernandez, 8-7, after the pair registered the 8-6 tiebreaker to take the match, 8-7.
- Flores-Barber and Nagle teamed up to take down Mikayla Reynolds and Diana Rodriguez, 8-5 in the second doubles game.
- Cassia Burns (Tewskbury, Mass.) and Angelica Ao (Chongqing, China) fell to Laure Lamarca and Addy Atkins, 8-2.
- Emerson entered the singles matches up, 3-2.
- Flores-Barber shouldered the loss in a match that went to a tiebreaker: 6-4, 1-6, 0-1 (1-10)
- Woodbury picked up the victory over Rodriguez: 6-1, 6-1.
- Oglensky topped Zalutko: 6-4, 6-2.
- Nagle nabbed the third straight singles victory over Reynolds: 6-1, 6-0.
- Burns fell to Lamarca: 3-6, 4-6, 0-1 (8-10).
- Sarah Skeeles (Hamden, Conn.) was defeated by Atkins: 7-6, 3-6, 0-1 (7-10).
- Emerson hits the court early on Monday, March 2 for an 9:00 a.m. match with Wartburg at the Oak Street Courts.