Score: Wheaton (Mass.) 19, Emerson 1
Records: Emerson Lions (9-7, 3-6 NEWMAC) ; Wheaton (Mass.) Lyons (11-7, 6-4 NEWMAC)
Location: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
Date: April 27, 2022
The Lead: In the 2022 regular season finale, the Emerson women's lacrosse team were bested out at Wheaton (Mass.) on Wednesday night, 19-1. Senior Hannah Beck scored the lone goal for the Lions.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
GOALIE: Nina Khosla - 19 goals allowed on 27 shots faced with eight saves through 60 minutes
Avonlea LeBeau: six goals
Brooke Harvey: four goals, one assists, eight draw controls & four caused turnovers
Lara Finnie: three goals
Darien Webb: three goals, one assist
Erin Ortega: two goals
Jessica Cully: five ground balls
GOALIE: Emily Oundjian - one goal allowed on seven shots faced with six saves through 60 minutes
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson was held to one shot through the opening 15 minutes, while Wheaton rang off 11 shots and turned seven into goals to take the 7-0 lead.
- The Lyons found the back of the net seven times within the first quarter. While Harvey spread three goals through the frame, four goals came on free position opportunities.
- The visitors were once again held scoreless in the second frame, which allowed the host Lyons to tack on four more goals as the Lions faced a 12-goal deficit at the break.
- Webb and LeBeau each tallied a pair of goals with one more from Ortega in the third quarter as Emerson did not register a shot. At the end of the third, the Lions found themselves down 17-0.
- The fourth quarter saw Emerson finally get on the board with a marker from Beck at the 10:01 mark, but it was the first and only goal the Lions would tally.
- Emerson's 2022 season has come to a close.