Score: Springfield 19, Emerson 2
Records: Emerson Lions (7-4, 1-3 NEWMAC) ; Springfield Pride (8-4, 4-0 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Date: April 9, 2022
The Lead: Seniors Julia Burns and Ainsley Basic each tallied goals for the Emerson women's lacrosse team in the Lions' 19-2 setback against Springfield on Saturday afternoon in NEWMAC women's lacrosse action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
GOALIE: Nina Khosla (L, 7-4) - 19 goals allowed on 31 shots with 12 stops through 60 minutes
Arielle Johnson: four goals
Lilly Vey: two goals
Holly Rivers: three goals, one assist & two caused turnovers
Samantha Andresen: two goals
Carlee Crispens: two goals
Lauren Roani: three goals
Three with one goal
Gianna Scialdone: seven draw controls
GOALIE: Colleen Browne (W, 2-1) - one goal allowed on three shots with two stops through 45 minutes
Emily McDermott: one goal allowed on two shots faced with one save through 15 minutes
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Crispens got Springfield's scoring going to give the visitors the 1-0 lead at the 11:59 mark, which was followed by four more goals within the first to put Emerson in a 5-0 hole.
- In the second frame, Emerson was outshot 9-4 by Springfield, for the Pride turned their nine shots into five goals. A 5-0 scoring spur by the Pride pushed them up 10-0 at the half.
- Off a draw control win to begin the third quarter, Basic tallied Emerson's first goal 23 seconds in to put the score at 10-1 with 14:36 on the clock.
- Springfield, however, kept Emerson off the board and tallied six more goals to bolster their lead to 16-1.
- The second Emerson goal came in at 11:53 of the fourth on a free-position marker by Burns, but it was the last goal the Lions would score. Springfield spread three more goals through the final eight minutes as Emerson was handed the 19-2 setback.
- Emerson heads out on the road on Wednesday, April 13th and venture off to Wellesley at 4:00 p.m.