Score: Emerson 17, Nichols 4
Records: Emerson Lions (2-1) ; Nichols Bison (0-2)
Date: March 11, 2020
Location: Dudley, Mass. (Vendetti Field )
The Lead: Behind three hat tricks from Jenna Tomsky, Lily Nelson, and Kelli Mark, the Emerosn Women's Lacrosse Team cruised past the Nichols Bison with a final score of 17-4.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Goals: Jenna Tomsky (5), Lily Nelson (3), Kelli Mark (3)
Assists: Camille Mumford (2)
Ground Balls: Ainsley Basic (3), Mark (3)
Goalkeeping: Nina Khosla (W (2-0), 4 Saves)
Goals: Miranda Smith (2)
Assists: Danielle Kozloski (1)
Ground Balls: Sam Ahaesy (4)
Goalkeeping: Molly Steen (L, (0-1), 8 Saves)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The teams played to a scoreless first ten minutes, and the Lions broke the deadlock four seconds later with Camille Mumford (Yardley, Penn.) scoring the first goal of the night.
- After Lily Nelson scored the second goal just two minutes later, the Jenna Tomsky went on a three-goal run herself, spanning 12 minutes. She sored two free position shots and one unassisted goal to give the Lions a 5-0 lead.
- Kelli Mark scored her first goal of the night with eight second remaining in the half to give the Lions a 6-0 lead heading into the break.
- Nichols opened up he scoring in the second half, but the Lions rattled off four straight goals to extend their lead to nine with just over 22 minutes remaining in the game.
- After Nichols scored two straight in the next two minutes, the Lions closed out the game on a 7-1 run, behind two goals from Mark and two goals from Nelson to complete their hat tricks. The Lions ended the game with a 17-4 victory.
- Emerson is off until next Saturday, March 21st when they take on the Clark Cougars at 12:00pm at Rotch Field.