Score: Endicott 68 Emerson 61
Records: Emerson Lions (1-7); Endicott Gulls (2-2)
Location: Beverly MA (MacDonald Gym)
Date: November 22, 2022
The Lead: Senior Chelsea Gibbons recorded a double-double, but a big second half allowed Endicott to push past the Emerson Women's Basketball team on Tuesday evening at MacDonald Gym.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Chelsea Gibbons: 11 points and 10 rebounds
Devin Hill: 13 points and 9 rebounds
Olivia Deslauriers: 12 points and 4 assists
Tara Laugeni: 18 points and 10 rebounds
Emily St. Thomas: 13 points and 10 rebounds
Sarah Dempsey: 17 points and 9 rebounds
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions outscored Endicott by a 17-4 margin in the opening quarter of Tuesday night's matchup. Emerson spread out the scoring in the quarter as they got contributions from Carla Pelino, Olivia Deslauriers, Devin Hill, Ava Salti, and Ella Bushee. Overall, the Lion shot 8-18 from the field during the first quarter.
- The Gulls would put together a strong second quarter and outscore the Lions by a 17-14 margin, but going into halftime, the Lions held a 10-point lead; 31-21.
- During the first half, Emerson shot 14-38 (36.8%) from the field including 1-7 (14.3%) from three-point distance while Endicott shot 10-33 (30.3%) from the field and 0-4 from behind the line.
- The second half was a different story for the Gulls as they shot 17-34 (50%) from the field and 5-11 (45.5%) from beyond the arc in the final 20 minutes. Cassie Caldwell scored all of her 16 points during the second half, drilling four three-pointers.
- The Lions offense was only able to convert on 12 of 36 attempts in the final 20 minutes including shooting 2 of 7 from beyond the arc. The Gulls hot second half allowed them to close the first half gap that the Lions had built and secure a 68-61 victory.
The Lions enjoy some time off before returning to the Brown and Plofker Gym to host UMASS Boston on Tuesday, November 29 at 7pm.