Score: Rhode Island College 71, Emerson 36
Records: Emerson Lions (3-9); Rhode Island College (10-4)
Location: Providence, R.I.
Date: January 8, 2022
The Lead: The Emerson women's basketball team fell to the Rhode Island College Anchorwomen Saturday afternoon in Providence R.I. Carla Pelino led all Lions with 10 points, but the Anchorwomen had three players in double figures on way to victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Carla Pelino: 10 points, 3 steals
Mackenzie Bruno: 8 points, 4 rebounds
Katie Beckmann: 7 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists
Rhode Island College
Angelina Nardolilo: 24 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks
Neleesha Meunier: 10 points, 10 rebounds
Willcia McBorrough: 10 points, 3 rebounds
Madison Medbury: 3 points, 10 rebounds
HOW IT HAPPENED
- RIC took a 6-5 lead with 6:39 remaining in the first quarter and they would never look back. RIC held the lead for the remainder of the game leading by as many as 38 points in the third quarter.
- The Lions had a cold shooting day, only shooting 24.6% from the field and 14% from behind the arc.
- RIC stayed consistent with their shooting as they were 40% from both the field and behind the three-point line.
- RIC dominated the paint outscoring the Lions 40-14 while also tallying 9 blocks.
- Carla Pelino led all Lions with 10 points, while the Anchorwomen were led by Angelina Nardolilo's game high 24 points. Neleesha Meunier also added a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds as the Anchorwomen cruised to victory.
- Emerson returns home as they host their first NEWMAC game of the year when Mount Holyoke visits on January 15 at 3:00pm.