Score: UMASS Dartmouth 73, Emerson 55
Records: Emerson Lions (2-5) ; UMASS Dartmouth (5-1)
Location: Dartmouth, Mass. (Tripp Athletic Center)
Date: November 20, 2021
The Lead: Katie Beckmann led the scoring for the Lions with 12 points but that wasn't enough as UMASS Dartmouth outlasted the Lions 73-55. UMASS shot 49% from the field and scored 54 of their 73 points in the paint.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Katie Beckmann: 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks
Carla Pelino: 8 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds
Ava Salti: 6 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound,
Jordan Moretti: 16 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Teja Andrews: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists
Jemima Joseph: 14 points, 5 rebounds
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 1st quarter was tightly contested with Emerson leading the way 17-16 after the first 10 minutes. Emerson was 6-17 (35%) from the field and UMASS Dartmouth shot 5-12 (42%) from the field.
- The 2nd quarter is where UMASS Dartmouth pulled away as they outscored the Lions 24-10. Although Emerson had their biggest lead of 5 in the 2nd quarter, UMASS Dartmouth was able to go on a 16-point scoring run to pull away 40-27 heading into halftime.
- UMASS Dartmouth stayed hot into the 3rd quarter shooting 47% from the field and extending their lead to 18-points with a 57-39 lead entering the final quarter.
- Emerson tried to battle back in the 4th, but UMASS remained efficient from the field as they held on to their 18-point lead to outlast the Lions by a final score of 73-55.
- Jordan Moretti and Teja Andrews led all scorers with 16 points as UMASS had four players in double figures.
- Katie Beckmann earned LaFrance All-Tournament team recognition as she averaged 10.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game through two games.
- Emerson returns home with a Tuesday evening matchup on November 23rd. The Lions will host Endicott before Thanksgiving Break.