Overall Record: 13-8, 4-3 NEWMAC
Scoreboard: Emerson 86, Clark 64
Emerson 46, Wellesley 44
Schedule: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 vs MIT, 7:30pm
Saturday, February 15th, 2020 at Wellesley, 1:00pm
BOSTON, Mass. – The Emerson Lions Women's Basketball team will look to build off of two conference victories last week, taking on two more conference opponents in MIT and Wellesley, home and away respectively.
A LOOK BACK
- Emerson went 2-0 over the past week, defeating Clark and Wheaton (Mass.) in a pair of conference tilts. The Lions defeated the Cougars 86-64 and the Lyons 46-44, with both games coming away from home.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- POINTS PER GAME – Sam Boyle (15th - 11.5)
- SHOOTING PERCENTAGE – Sam Boyle (5th – 48.3%)
- THREE POINT PERCENT – Kate Foultz (5th – 36.1%) l Rachel Davey (6th - 34.2&)
- REBOUNDS PER GAME – Natalie Clydesdale (16th – 6.6)
- ASSISTS PER GAME – Rachel Davey (6th – 3.3) Quinn Madden (11th – 2.8)
- STEALS PER GAME – Rachel Davey (15th – 1.8)
- BLOCKS PER GAME – Sam Boyle (11th – 0.7)
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- MIT enters the week with a 10-10 overall record and a 4-3 record in conference play.
- The Lions sit just under the Engineers in the standings, with Emerson at 6th and MIT in 4th.
- Emerson and MIT squared off in the NEWMAC quarterfinals in 2019, with the Lions falling to the Engineers 76-58.
- Engineers Leaders:
- Points per Game – Christina Antonakakis – 15.9
- Assists per Game - Christina Antonakakis – 3.6
- Rebounds per Game – Kylie Gallagher – 8.3
- Steals per Game – Annika Sougstad – 2.3
SCOUTING THE BLUE
- Wellesley enters the week with a 13-5 overall record and a 5-2 record in conference play. The Blue currently sit at third in the conference.
- The Blue will play Fisher in non-conference play on Wednesday before taking on Emerson on Saturday.
- Emerson and Wellesley split the matchups last year, with both teams winning their home game.
- Blue Leaders:
- Points per Game – Caitlin Aguirre – 12.2
- Assists per Game - Caitlin Aguirre – 2.9
- Rebounds per Game – Alyssa Cho – 6.5
- Steals per Game – Caitlin Aguirre – 2.3