Score: Lions 86, Cougars 64
Records: Emerson (12-8, 3-3 NEWMAC) l Clark University (4-16, 0-5 NEWMAC)
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Kneller Athletic Center)
Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 2020
The Lead: Five players scored in double figures for the Emerson Lions, who travelled to Worcester, Mass. and defeated New England Women's And Men's Athletic Conference opponent Clark, 86-64.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Points: Foultz (14), CLydesdale (13), Davey (13), Boyle (12), ALlen (10)
Assists: Foultz (5), Clydesdale (3), Toner (3)
Rebounds: Toner (7), Clydesdale (6)
Points: Favaloro (13), Sifferlen (12), Zambrano (12)
Assists: Johnson (2), Richey (2)
Rebounds: Favaloro (9), SIfferlen (6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson jumped out to an early lead over the Cougars, but Clark came back and took their first lead at 11-10 in the first quarter. Emerson and Clark battled by trading baskets, with the Cougars edging out the Lions 19-17 after one frame.
- Sam Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.) connected on a jump shot to open the quarter and tie the game at 19. The Lions and Cougars traded baskets for the first half of the frame, before an Ashley Toner (Barnegat, N.J.) three pointer gave the Lions a four point lead. The Toner three pointer sparked the offense for Emerson, who closed out the second quarter on a 9-0 run and took a 41-28 lead into the half.
- Emerson opened up the third quarter on a quick 9-2 run, extending their lead to 20 at 50-30. Emerson's sharpshooting continued, going on a 20-8 run to close out the quarter to extend their lead to 32 at 70-38. Emerson outscored the Cougars 29-10 in the frame to take the commanding lead into the fourth quarter.
- The fourth quarter saw the Lions maintain their lead over the Cougars, who's fourth quarter run was too late to complete a comeback against the Lions. Emerson defeated the Cougars by 22, 86-64.
- Emerson takes on the Wheaton (Mass.) Lyons on Saturday, with the game tipping off at 1:00pm.