Overall Record: 11-6, 2-1 NEWMAC
Scoreboard: Emerson 97, Mount Holyoke 31 l January 22nd
Coast Guard 79, Emerson 70 | January 25
Schedule: Wednesday, January 29 vs. Babson*, 7:00pm
Saturday, February 1 vs. MIT*, 1:00 p.m.
BOSTON, Mass. – After traveling to take on the Coast Guard Bears on Saturday, the Emerson Lions' Women's Basketball Team returns home for a pair of conference tilts against the Babson Beavers and MIT Engineers in the upcoming week.
A LOOK BACK
- Emerson went 1-1 on the week, taking the victory in a home matchup against the Mount Holyoke Lyons and falling on the rod to the Coast Guard Bears.
- Against Mount Holyoke, Emerson jumped out early and controlled the game throughout, led by 20 points from Natalie Clydesdale and 16 points off the bench from Chloe Allen.
- The Lions went on the road to New London, Conn. on Saturday afternoon, falling to the Coast Guard Bears 79-70, with four starters scoring in double figures. Rachel Davey (20) led the way, followed by Natalie Clydesdale (16), Kate Foultz (15), and Quinn Madden (13).
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- POINTS PER GAME – Sam Boyle (15th - 11.5)
- SHOOTING PERCENTAGE – Sam Boyle (6th – 49.1%)
- THREE POINT PERCENT – Kate Foultz (1st – 41.5%)
- REBOUNDS PER GAME – Natalie Clydesdale (14th – 6.6)
- ASSISTS PER GAME – Rachel Davey (4th – 3.5) Quinn Madden (8th – 3.2)
- BLOCKS PER GAME – Sam Boyle (11th – 0.6)
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
- Babson enters the week with a 9-7 record and a 2-0 record in the NEWMAC.
- Emerson and Babson split the season series, with each team winning their home contest.
- Beaver Leaders
- Emily Bonifacic – 18.6 Points Per Game ; 9.0 Rebounds Per Game
- Megan Bauman – 12.2 Points Per Game ; 23 Assists
- Katherine Tamulionis – 10.7 Points Per Game ; 21 Assists
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
- Springfield enters the week with a 12-6 record and are 3-0 in the NEWMAC.
- The Pride welcome Clark to their home floor on Wednesday before playing Emerson on Saturday.
- Springfield and Emerson split the season series last year, with both teams winning their home matchup, including at 89-84 triple overtime thriller victory for the Lions.
- Pride Leaders
- Alex Goslin – 15.2 Points Per Game ; 3.4 Assists Per Game ; 2.1 Steals Per Game
- Emily Jacques – 13.1 Points Per Game ; 5.3 Rebounds per Game ; 1.5 Blocks Per Game
- Same Hourihan – 9.1 Points Per Game ; 8.9 Rebounds Per Game ; 1.7 Blocks Per Game