Score: Emerson 65, Fisher 55
Records: Emerson Lions (9-5, 0-0 NEWMAC) ; Fisher Falcons (8-10, 2-2 NAIA)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plfoker Gym)
Date: Thursday, January 16th, 2020
The Lead: Closing out their non-confernce games, the Emerson Women's Basketball Team took down the Division II Fisher Falcons behind a career high in scoting from senior Quinn Madden (Mokena, Ill.) with 21 points and four assists.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Quinn Madden: 21 Points, 4 Assists, 2 Rebounds
Sam Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.): 18 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals
Rachel Davey (Saratoga, Calif.): 10 Points, 3 Assists, 2 Rebounds, 1 Steal, 1 Block
Jenny-Lynn Eggers: 16 Points, 3 Steals, 2 Rebounds 1 Assist
Lauren Allen: 13 Points, 2 Rebounds, 1 Assist
Vivan Lara: 11 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Steals, 2 Assists, 1 Block
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first quarter saw both teams hold multiple leads with nine lead changes throughout the frame. Emerson scored the firs two points on a Boyle jumper and the last two points on a pair of Boyle free throws. Emerson took the a lead into the second quarter at 14-11.
- A pair of Madden jumpers in the early portion of the second quarter gave Emerson their largest lead of the game at 18-14. The teams traded baskets before Emerson was able to go on a 9-4 run to take a seven point lead into halftime, closing out the half on a pair of Boyle free throws with .5 seconds remaining on the clock.
- Fisher came out strong in the second half, opening up the half on a 9-3 run, cutting Emerson's lead to one at 32-31. Emerson kept Fisher at Bay until a Lara three pointer and Allen jumper gave Fisher a 42-40 lead. Emerson knotted the score at 42 right before the end of the frame, but Lara connected on a three pointer from half court as time expired to give Fisher a three point lead heading into the fourth quarter.
- Fisher held their lead throughout the first half of the fourth quarter before a personal 7-0 run by Davey gave Emerson their first lead of the frame at 53-49. As time ticked down, a pair of three pointers by Clydesdale and Madden put the game out of reach, with Emerson closing out the Falcons 65-55 in regulation.
- Emerson stays at the Brown & Plofker Gym to open up their NEWMAC schedule on Saturday when they welcome the Smith Pioneers for a 1:00pm tip-off.
- Fisher returns home to play Bryant & Stratton on Sunday at 12:00pm.