Score: Lasell 3, Emerson 0
Records: Emerson Lions (3-15, 1-8 GNAC) ; Lasell Lasers (13-8, 7-2 GNAC)
Location: Auburndale, Mass.
Date: March 22, 2022
The Lead: Sophomore Neiko Pittman led the Emerson men's volleyball team with a match-high 14 kills in the Lions' three-set GNAC setback to Lasell on Tuesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Jordan Shinaut: 13 kills
Tucker Merritt: 11 kills & two aces
Jesus Garcia: 21 assists
Alex Weinhaus: nine digs
Dexter Thomas: four blocks
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Emerson trailed 5-2 to begin the first set, a kill and Lasell attack error brought the Lions within a pair at 6-4 before the hosts rattled off a four-point streak. The streak by the Lasers put the visitors in a six-point hole at 10-4.
- Lasell pieced together another run to push their lead to 14-7, but Emerson battled and ignited a 9-3 streak to pull within one at 17-16. Emerson continued to keep pace with Lasell and used a serving error and kill by Slavik to inch within one again, this time at 22-21.
- The Lions would get one more point on Roehm's kill at 24-22 as the Lasers notched match point on a a swing from Shinaut.
- In the second, Emerson maintained a deficit of no more than four to begin the frame before Lasell used a 10-2 run to extend their lead into double-figures at 24-12. Emerson's final point of the second came on freshman Jack Miessner's kill as Lasell registered the set winner on a kill, 25-13.
- Emerson jumped out to the quick 4-1 lead in the third before they bumped it up to 9-5. The Lions fended off a tie at 16-all and responded with six of the next nine points to stay on top by three at 22-19.
- Started off by a kill from Brenden Joyce, Lasell fired back and rattled off the set's last six points to take the 25-22 comeback win.
Emerson stays in conference with a NEWMAC matchup out at Dean on Thursday, March 24th at 7:00 p.m.