Score: Emerson 3, Dean 0
Records: Emerson Lions (7-2, 1-1 GNAC) ; Dean Bulldogs (1-10, 0-2 NECC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Tuesday, Febuary 26th, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson College Men's Volleyball team defeated the Dean College Bulldogs on Thursday night, sweeping them in a three set match.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.) led all players with 18 kills for the Lions. Samuel WIllinger (Golden Beach, Fla.) and Win Kittivatcharapong (Bangkok, Thailand) added nine and eight kills respectively.
- Josh Elliot (Swedesboro, N.J.) and Lucas Raagas (Cambridge, Mass.) each assisted on 18 Emerson kills.
- Jacob DiTore (Salem, N.H.) totaled 13 digs on the defensive end for the Lions, adding four assists.
- John Kauffman led the Bulldogs with five kills and Chadd Pellitier paced them with 10 assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson jumped out to an early lead in the opening frame, doubling up the Bulldogs at 16-8 and opening up an eight point lead.
- The Bulldogs attempted to come back, cutting the lead to six at 23-17.
- Emerson closed out the first set on a Piorkowski kill, taking a 1-0 lead.
- The second set was much of the same for the Lions, opening up a nine point lead at 14-5 on a Max Weltz service ace.
- Emerson only allowed the Bulldogs to gain five more points in the set, wing 25-10 and closing out the set on a Matt Connolly (haverhill, Mass.) kill.
- Dean kept the opening points of the third set close, only allowing Emerson a 13-11 lead after 24 points. The Lions scored six consecutive points after, opening up a commanding eight point lead.
- Emerson closed out the final set, by a margin of 10 points, sweeping the Bulldogs for the second time this season.
- Emerson finishes up their matches before spring break on Thursday at Wentworth, with a match starting at 7:00pm.