Posted: Mar 05, 2020
Records: Emerson Lions (5-4) ; Charleston (4-4)
Lions Leaders: Bass Lin - 1 Win
- Emerson lost all three doubles matches, and four of the six singles matches.
- Bass Lin earned his fifth straight win on the top singles pairing, giving him a 5-0 week in Florida.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Doubles – Charleston 3, Emerson 0
- Bass Lin and Maximo Lawlor fell toLakeman and Taylor, 5-8.
- Max Chalik and Brock Higley fell to Typ and Prince 8-4.
- Alexander Laugier Naim and Michael Polivko fell to Darms and Malouf 8-2.
Singles – Charleston 4, Emerson 2
- Lin defeated Martinez in a three-set match, 6-4, 4-6, 10-3. Lin finished the week 5-0 in Florida.
- Lawlor fell to Prince 6-4, 6-2 in straight sets.
- Robert Comunale fell in the first set and defaulted in the second set against Malouf.
- Alex Naim defeated Tristan Shaw in the fourth doubles pairing, losing the first set 1-6 but rebounding to defeat Shaw in the final two 6-1, 10-5.
- Chalik fell 6-0 in both sets to Harms.
- Higley fell 6-1, 6-0 to Boeman to close out the match.
Final Score – Carleeston 7, Emerson 2
- Emerson is back on the court on March 14th when they welcome the UMass Boston Beacons for a match at 12:00pm.