Posted: Mar 02, 2020
Records: Emerson Lions (3-2) ; Roger Williams Hawks (1-8)
- Emerson swept the Doubles matches, with the top pairing of Lin and Lawlor earning an 8-1 victory in the top doubles match.
- The Lions won five of six singles matches. Lawlor did not drop a game in his match, winning 6-0 in both sets.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bass Lin and Maximo Lawlor defeated Lucas Huffman and Nate Kolz 8-1 in the top doubles pairing.
- Brock Highley and max CHalik defeated Ben Mason and Zach Heyerhoff 8-5 in the scound doubles pairing.
- Alexander Laugier Naim and Michael Polivko defeated Grant Kincaid and Jack Veber 8-4 in the final doubles pairing, giving Emerson a 3-0 lead heading into the singles matches.
- Lin had a tighly contested match, defeating Huffman 3-6, 6-1, 10-7.
- Lawlor defeated Kolz 6-0 in both sets to take the sweep.
- Naim swept Mason 6-2, 6-3 while Chailk swept Kincaid 6-1, 6-2 in the third and fourth singles pairings.
- Higley earned a sweep, defeating Heyerhoff 7-5 in the second set after winning 6-1 in the first.
- Polivko fell 6-1, 6-0 to Jared Hefel in the final singles pairing.
- Emerson is back on the court tomorrow when they take on Midway at 8:00am.