BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson Men's Tennis team opened up their spring season on Sunday afternoon, taking on the Division II St. Michael College Purple Knights. The Lions fell to the Purple Knights 6-1 using Division II rules.
Records: Emerson Lions (2-2) ; St. Michael's Pur[ple Knights (5-1)
Lions Leaders: Bass Lin 1 win
- Emerson fell to the Division II school after defeating them in 2018-2019, 4-3.
- Bass Lin (Shanghai, China) earned a victory in his first singles match of the spring, after earning NEWMAC Rookie Of The Year for 2018-2019.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson battled in all three doubles matches, taking multiple games in each match.
- Bass Lin and Maximo Lawlor (Litchfield Park, Ariz.) fell to Connor Scott and Jason Boucher 6-2
- Max Chalik (Davie, Fla.) and Alexander Laugier Naim (Dubai, UAE) fell to Josh Weiss and Matt Mosher 6-2
- Robert Comunale (Fort Luaderdale, Fla.) and Brock Higley (Bedford, N.H.) fell to Michael Rosen and Constantin Krogh 6-3
- Emerson went into the singles matches trailing 3-0
- Lin earned a victory in a tightly contested top singles match 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (7-2)
- Weiss defeated Lawlor 2-6, 6-0, 10-8
- Boucher defeated Comunale 6-2, 3-6, 11-9
- Rosen defeated Chalk 6-1, 6-1
- Seb Tonini defeated Laugier Naim 6-3, 6-0
- Ivan Llona defeated Higley 6-2 in both sets
- Emerson is off for the next week before they take on Roger Williams on February 22nd before a five match run over spring break in Florida.