Score: Emerson College 21, Regis (MA): 2
Records: Emerson Lions (9-1); Regis Pride (2-4)
Location: Weston, MA (Regis Stadium)
Date: March 23, 2022
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Alex Menendez: 4 goals and 2 assist
Pierce Eldredge: 2 goals and 2 assists
Grant Wilson: 3 goals
Nicholas Fulgione: 3 goals
Tyler King: 8-8
James Toomy: 9-9
Connor Nydegger: 2 goals allowed on 3 shots and 1 save through 45 minutes.
Elijah Turbow: 0 goals allowed on 1 shot and 1 save through 15 minutes.
Liam Donovan: 1 goal
Blake Hiltz: 1 goal
Michael Hammon: 4-14
Robby Fuller: 21 goals allowed on 35 shots with 14 saves through 60 minutes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions wasted no time as goals from Junior Nicholas Fulgione and Freshman Grant Wilson within the first 2 minutes of the contest put Emerson up 2-0.
- The Pride's Lim Donovan would answer a few minutes later with a goal of his own; cutting the Lions lead to 2-1.
- Senior Pierce Eldredge, Graduate Austin Franklin, and Freshman Alex Menendez would all add a goal apiece before the end of the 1st quarter; giving the Lions a 5-1 advantage.
- Emerson would continue the momentum into the 2nd quarter; notching 4 more goals and shutting out Regis, extending their lead to 9-1 after 2 quarters.
- In the 3rd quarter, Menendez would add 2 more goals, along with 3 other Lions. Regis would get back on the board with a goal of their own; but the Lions held a strong 15-2 advantage after 3 quarters of action.
- In the 4th quarter, the Lions would again shutout Regis while adding 6 goals of their own; including a goal from Freshman Tyler King, which was the first goal of his career.
- In his first career start, Sophomore goalie Connor Nydegger recorded the win; only giving up 2 goals and recording 1 save.
The Lions hit the road to begin NEWMAC competition as they take on Wheaton (MA) on Saturday March, 26th at 1pm.