Score: Babson 21, Emerson 5
Records: Emerson Lions (0-1) ; Babson Beavers (2-0)
Location: Babson Park, Mass.
Date: April 17, 2021
The Lead: Senior Austin Franklin tallied a pair of goals for the Emerson men's lacrosse team in their season opening setback out at Babson, 21-5, on Saturday afternoon in NEWMAC men's lacrosse action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Chi Chi Price: 3 goals
John Antaya: five ground balls
Demitri Papoulis: two caused turnovers
Grey Sunderland: 18-of-21 face-offs
Mac Mowat: one goal allowed, two saves on three shots through 15 minutes
Austin O'Brien: two goals allowed, five saves on seven shots through 30 minutes
Bryan Hanley: two goals allowed, two saves on four shots through 15 minutes
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Price set off Babson's scoring streak at the 14:16 mark before the offense found the back of the net eight more times until Franklin tallied Emerson's first goal with six seconds left in the first period to put the score at 9-1.
- The second period saw only two goals with one coming from each side. Ethan Carpenter tallied the 10th Beavers' net followed by Eldredge potting his first goal of the year at 2:58. At the half, the Lions trailed 10-2.
- Emerson could not sneak a goal past O'Brien in the third quarter until Swan's tally at the 1:22 mark while the hosts extended its lead into double figures at 18-3.
- Peter Chisholm and Quinn Schomp recorded consecutive unassisted nets before O'Rourke put in the fourth Lions marker at 5:42 (20-4). Babson's John Calicchio registered the host's final goal of regulation at 4:16 as Franklin scored his second goal of the game at 3:29 with the final staying at 21-5.
- Emerson wraps the regular season up down at Coast Guard next Saturday, April 24th with a 1:00 p.m. start time.