Overall Record: 2-2, 0-0 NEWMAC
Scoreboard: Emerson 8, Mt. St. Mary's (NY) 4 | February 29
Widener 17, Emerson 7 | March 4
Emerson 15, Nichols 6 | March 8
Schedule: Wednesday, March 11 at University of New England, 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 14 vs. St. Joesph's (Me.), 1:00 p.m.
BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson men's lacrosse team heads into a fresh pair of matchup this week and split time between the road and its home field. The Lions, who came off its spring break trip going 1-1, enter a Wednesday meeting up at the University of New England before coming back home to host St. Joesph's (Me.).
A LOOK BACK
-Through the opening first two weeks of Emerson's season, the Lions currently post an overall record of 2-2 and took a 1-1 split on its spring break trip to Philadelphia.
-Emerson picked up its first of the season out at Mt. St. Mary's (NY) on the 29th of February where the trio senior Austin Franklin and sophomores Skyler Celotto and Hunter Gervais potted two goals a piece in the 8-4 win.
-In its lone game in Philadelphia last Wednesday, the Lions shouldered a 17-7 setback to the undefeated Widener.
-The Lions jumped back into the win column on Saturday with a convincing 15-6 win out at Nichols thanks to six goals from Celotto, four assists from Gervais and a 20 save day in net for sophomore Malcolm McGrath.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
GOALS: Celotto (T-3rd - 13)
ASSISTS: Gervais (T-6th - 6)
POINTS: Celotto (T-3rd - 17)
MAN-UP GOALS: Celotto & Franklin (T-8th - 1)
GROUND BALLS: McGrath (5th - 21) & Alex Hrisanthopoulos (6th - 20)
CAUSED TURNOVERS: Jiwon Kim (T-6th - 7)
GOALS AGAINST AVERAGE: McGrath (4th - 11.12)
SAVES: McGrath (5th - 53)
SAVE %: McGrath (3rd - 55.2%)
GERVAIS TABBED LION OF THE WEEK
- For competition ranging from March 2nd to 9th, Gervais was tabbed as one half of the Lion of the Week duo.
- Gervais dished out five assists alongside two goals in the Lions' last pair of games, including a two goal, four assist day in a 15-6 win over Nichols last Saturday.
SCOUTING THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND NOR'EASTERS
- 2019 Record: 7-10, 2-6 CCC
- 2020 Record: 4-1 / Suffered first loss of the season to MIT, 11-9, last Saturday
- All-Time Series: Emerson trails, 0-2, dating back to April 11, 2018
- Last Meeting: University of New England 7, Emerson 6 | March 20, 2019
- Stat Leaders: GOALS - Garett Bozek (17) | ASSISTS - Bozek (13) | GROUND BALLS - Adam Race (32)
- Goalie Stats: Sam MacKenzie (4-1) - 33 goals allowed (7.76 GAA), 39 saves (54.2 save %) through 255+ minutes
SCOUTING THE ST. JOESPH'S (ME) MONKS
- 2019 Record: 12-5, 6-2 GNAC / Suffered season ending 11-8 setback in GNAC Quarterfinals to Johnson & Wales (RI)
- 2020 Record: 3-1 / Rolled past Houghton, 19-7, in Whittier, Calif. this past Thursday
- Last Meeting: St. Joesph's (ME) 11, Emerson 8 | March 16, 2019 at St. Joesph's (ME)
- Stat Leaders: GOALS - Shane Puleo (9) | ASSISTS - Puleo (9) | GROUND BALLS - Shane Fors (16)
- Goalie Stats: Edward Hellier (2-1) - 20 goals allowed (8.60 GAA) & 42 saves (67.7 save %)
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS