Overall Record: 13-8, 6-4 NEWMAC
Scoreboard: Emerson 102, Wheaton (Mass.) 76 | February 5
No. 23 Springfield 86, Emerson 76 | February 8
Schedule: Wednesday, February 12 vs. Clark*, 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 15 at WPI*, 3:00 p.m.
BOSTON, Mass. - It's down to the final two weeks of the Emerson men's basketball team's regular season, which means every game means more than the next. The Lions begin its week back at home after a two-game road stint hosting Clark at 5:30 p.m.. Then on Saturday, the squad treks to WPI for a 3:00 p.m. contest.
A LOOK BACK
- Emerson entered the first full week of February conference play on the road with matchups out at Wheaton (Mass.) and No. 23 Springfield, coming away with a 1-1 split to move its overall record to 13-8 and 6-4 in the NEWMAC.
- The Lions started off the week with a Wednesday night tilt at the host Lyons and trounced the hosts, 102-76, behind double-figure point showings from five members, led by sophomore Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) with a double-double of 21 points and 11 boards.
- On Saturday, Emerson headed off to No. 23 Springfield where they came back to Boston shouldering an 86-76 setback to the Pride.
ON THE POSTSEASON HUNT
- With two weeks remaining in the 2019-2020 regular season, Emerson currently sits in the fourth spot with an overall record of 13-8 and are 6-4 against NEWMAC opponents.
- Sitting in the first place slot is Springfield, followed by Babson and WPI, whom the Lions face this coming Saturday.
HOME SWEET HOME
- The Lions take to Brown & Plofker two more times before the conclusion of the 2019-2020 regular season campaign and post a 7-3 record on its home parquet.
- Since the start of the 2020 portion of their schedule, Emerson has won its last four of five home contests with its lone loss coming against WPI back on January 22.
PACING ON THE PERIMETER
- Beckwith, who currently sits in the second spot amongst three-point NEWMAC shooters with a 47.5 percentage beyond the arc, is the only freshman who ranks in the top-10 within the conference.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- POINTS PER GAME: Jack O'Connor (7th - 17.4)
- REBOUNDS PER GAME: Houston (4th - 8.7) & O'Connor (6th - 7.7)
- FIELD GOAL %: Houston (1st - 68.1%)
- THREE POINT %: James Beckwith (2nd - 47.5%) & O'Connor (10th - 41.3)
- POINTS: O'Connor (8th - 348) & Houston (9th - 347)
- FREE THROW %: O'Connor (2nd - 84.3%)
- REBOUNDS: Houston (3rd - 182) & O'Connor (5th - 154)
- BLOCKS PER GAME: Houston (1st - 2.1) & O'Connor (10th - .7)
- ASSISTS PER GAME: O'Connor (7th - 3.3)
SCOUTING THE CLARK COUGARS
- 2019 Record: 8-13, 3-7 NEWMAC / Trounced by Babson, 105-70, back on Saturday afternoon
- 2019-20 Season Series: Clark leads series, 1-0
- Last Meeting: Clark 82, Emerson 73 | at Clark on January 11th
- Stat Leaders: PPG - Biko Gayman (19.6) | FG% - Gayman (46.8%) | 3PT% - Charles Stevens (41.8%)
SCOUTING THE WPI ENGINEERS
- 2019 Record: 17-4, 8-2 NEWMAC / Picked up road win at Coast Guard, 90-81, last Saturday
- 2019-20 Season Series: WPI leads series, 1-0
- Last Meeting: WPI 87, Emerson 64 | at Emerson on January 22nd
- Stat Leaders: PPG - Garrett Stephenson (15.6) | FG% - Stephenson (65.6%) | 3PT% - Jake Needleman (50.0%)
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS