Score: Emerson 103, Lesley 70
Records: Emerson Lions (6-4) ; Lesley Lynx (0-9)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2019
The Lead: With the help of every player tallying a point, led by 18 points from sophomore Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) and double figures in points from three more Lions, the Emerson men's basketball team took care of Lesley, 103-70, on Tuesday night to wrap the 2019 portion of its schedule.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Points: Kostas Tatsis (25), Chase Howard (13) & James DeBoise (12)
Assists: Dominiki Herrmann (4)
Rebounds: Tatsis (7)
Steals: Treyvonn Trent (2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson connected on its first three baskets to gain an early 6-0 lead over Lesley and was able maintain an edge of seven when a triple and layup pushed the Lynx to within a pair at 14:31 (12-10).
- A two minute scoring lull was broken up at 12:44 when Waterhouse drained back-to-back three's as the Lions' advantage made its way in double figures at 11 (21-10).
- A jumper by Howard put Lesley back within single digits for a short period at the 11:57 mark only to have Emerson answer on the other end with a 14-4, extending its cushion to 19 (35-16).
- Emerson tallied 16 points to wrap the opening half and entered the locker room with an extensive 25 point cushion with the score at 54-29.
- The Lions canned 19-of-34 from the floor in the second half despite narrowly outscoring Lesley 49-41 and rolled to the 103-70 win over the Lynx.
- Emerson takes a hiatus for the holiday and returns to the court in 2020 on Thursday, January 2 at Nichols at 7:00 p.m.
- Lesley opens its 2020 schedule at Amherst on Saturday, January 4 at 2:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS