Score: Emerson 99, Pine Manor 82
Records: Emerson Lions (3-3) ; Pine Manor Gators (1-5)
Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
The Lead: It was a career night for sophomore Nate Martin (Washington D.C.) as he poured in 33 points followed by three more Lions shooting n double figures to push the Emerson men's basketball team back into the win column with a 99-82 win over Pine Manor on Tuesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Points: Sayvonn Houston (21), Jalen Bruce (18), Jalen Williams & Antonie Revere (13)
Assists: Jamel Hamans (4)
Rebounds: Houston (7)
Steals: Revere (2)
Blocks: Houston & Pierce McKenzie (1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The opening half saw neither Emerson nor Pine Manor hold a lead larger than three until the 5:45 mark when Hamans knocked down a successful pair from the line to give the Gators a four point edge (31-27).
- After a triple by Beckwith pulled Emerson within one (31-30), Martin followed up with a three-point bucket of his own and lifted the Lions in front (33-31).
- Pine Manor leveled the score over a minute later at 33-all, but would not come any closer throughout the remainder of regulation as Emerson offense set off on an 8-2 spurt capped off by another three by Martin (41-33).
- A layup by freshman Ben Allen (Hampton, N.H.) and a two-for-two trip to the line for DiCenzo gave Emerson a six point cushion at the half (45-39).
- Emerson wasted little time coming into the second half and saw two shots beyond the arc by Martin and McLean fall through at 18:24 (51-43) as part of an 8-4 run.
- A McLean layup extended Emerson's lead to eight with Martin dishing three points to push the lead into double digits at 11 (58-47).
- Martin converted yet another deep triple with 6:53 on the clock (84-63) that helped Emerson balloon its lead into the 20s and kept the Gators at a distance to cruise to the 99-82 victory.
- Emerson returns from holiday break on Tuesday, December 3 with a matchup against its Boston Commons neighbor, Suffolk, at 5:30 p.m.
- Pine Manor heads to Sacred Heart for a 2:00 p.m. meeting on Sunday, December 1.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS