Score: Babson 90, Emerson 69
Records: Emerson Lions (13-11, 8-5 NEWMAC) ; Babson Beavers (15-9, 8-5 NEWMAC)
Location: Babson Park, Mass. (Staake Gymnaisum)
Date: Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
The Lead: Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) led the Lions with a 20 points performance, but two Babson players outscored him to lead the Beavers past Emerson in regulation.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Waterhouse added five rebounds, one assist, one steal, and one block to his twenty point performance.
- Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) reached his average on the season with 19 points, adding eight rebounds, six assists, and one steal.
- Babson had two players score in the twenties, led by Andrew Jaworski who had a game high 25 points.
- Frank Oftring was close behind with a 22 point performance, adding seven rebounds,
- Babson outshot Emerson from the floor, connecting on 48.3% of their shots from the floor while Emerson connected on 41.3%.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The game was tight in the opening minutes, with Emerson tying the game at 10 with 14:23 remaining in the first half on a Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) free throw.
- Babson went on a 10-5 run from here, opening up a five point lead on a Shyheim Ulrickson layup.
- Babson continued their hot shooting, opening up an eight point lead on a James Welch jumper with just under five minutes remaining in the half.
- Emerson closed out the half on a 9-5 run, cutting the lead to 35-30 at the break.
- The Beavers came out strong in the second half, opening up a 19 point lead on a 14-0 run.
- Emerson cut the lead to seven with just over twelve minutes remaining on a Gray free throw.
- The Lions cut the lead to four on a Waterhouse three with nine minutes remaining.
- Babson controlled the game from here, closing out in the last minute of the game on a 12-2 run, winning 90-69.
- Emerson welcomes Coast Guard on Saturday for Senior Day, with a game starting at 1:00pm. The Lions will look to secure their spot in the NEWMAC Championships in their final regular season game.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS