Overall Record: 2-8
Scoreboard: Framingham State 13, Emerson 4 | March 10
Schedule: Wednesday, March 11 vs. Lasell, 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 14 vs. Pine Manor (DH), 12 + 3 p.m.
BOSTON, Mass. - It's a packed week at home following spring break for the Emerson baseball team with two midweek single games and a weekend doubleheader. After a tilt against Framingham State to start off the week, the Lions match up with the Lasers of Lasell University on Wednesday afternoon before welcoming Pine Manor for a twin bill on Saturday.
A LOOK BACK
- In Emerson's first game off of its Florida spring break trip, the Lions slipped to the visiting Framingham State Rams on Tuesday afternoon, 13-4.
- Freshman Matt Nachamie (Merrick, N.Y.) put up a 2-for-4 day at the plate followed by a two-RBI day from junior Andre Padovani (Lynnfield, Mass.), an inside the park homer by senior Joe Paladino (Bedminster, N.J.) and a career-high seven strikeout relief effort on the bump by senior Sam Knox (Sturbridge, Mass.).
- Through 10 games, Emerson has plated 41 runs with a batting average of .263 and on base percentage of .337 and .361 slugging percentage with six home runs leaving the yard.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
SCOUTING THE LASELL UNIVERSITY LASERS
- 2020 Record: 2-2 / Picked up 22-10 win over Pine Manor on Tuesday afternoon
- 2019 Record: 23-17, 9-7 GNAC / Fell to No. 1 Suffolk in GNAC Quarterfinal game, 4-3, and suffered 12-8 setback to Johnson & Wales (RI) in elimination game
- Team Stats: 21 runs scored, .287 batting average, .384 on base %, .454 slugging % & three home runs
- Last Meeting: Emerson 4, Lasell 3 / March 19, 2019 at Lasell
- All-Time Series: Emerson leads series, 2-0, dating back to 2018
- Stat Leaders: BATTING AVERAGE - Joe Sullivan (.455) | HITS - Sullivan (5) | RBI - Sean Doris (5)
- Pitching Leader: Zach Handzel (1-1) - 11.0 innings pitched, 15 hits, 11 runs & eight strikeouts
SCOUTING THE PINE MANOR GATORS
- 2020 Record: 1-2 / Suffered 22-10 setback to Lasell on Tuesday
- 2019 Record: 8-24
- Team Stats: 13 runs scored, .182 batting average, .316 on base %, .333 slugging % & three home runs
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
Stay update on all things Emerson baseball and follow the Lions on Twitter, Facebook at Emerson College Baseball, along with Instagram. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to catch the Lions in action and follow Emerson Athletics on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.