Score: Framingham State 13, Emerson 4
Records: Emerson Lions (2-8) ; Framingham State Rams (2-1)
Pitching Records: WP: Anthony Panza (1-0) | LP: Johnny Maffei (1-1)
Location: Danvers, Mass. (Pete Frates Diamond at St. John's Prep)
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
The Lead: Senior Joe Paladino (Bedminster, N.J.) tallied an inside the park homer followed by a 2-for-4 day by freshman Matt Nachamie (Merrick, N.Y.), but the Emerson baseball team slipped to Framingham State, 13-4, to start off its home stand on Tuesday afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Pitching: Maffei - 3.2 innings, 10 hits, eight runs & four strikeouts
Sam Knox - 4.1 innings, three hits, two walks & seven strikeouts
Tripp Rams - .1 innings, two runs & one walk
Rory Tettemer - .2 innings & one strikeout
Kevin Girardin 3-for-3, two doubles, three runs scored & three RBI
Anthony Herman - 3-for-5, three doubles, two runs scored & two RBI
Mike Ryan - 2-for-3, two doubles, two runs scored & two RBI
Robert Johnston - 3-for-6, double & two runs scored
Kyle Bolger - 1-for-5, one run scored & two RBI
Pitching: Panza - 5.0 innings, five hits, three runs, two walks & two strikeouts
Jack Foley - 3.0 innings, three hits, one run, one walk & three strikeouts
Kevin Scerra - 1.0 innings, one hit & one strikeout
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Caulfield got Framingham State's first inning going with an RBI double that landed into center to give the Rams a 1-0 lead before a wild pitch followed by two doubles and a single plated four more runs for the 5-0 lead cushion.
- A pair of two baggers from Herman and Ryan crossed another two Rams runs to put Emerson in a 7-0 hole after three innings of play.
- In the fourth and fifth frames, Emerson saw its score margin increase to another pair of runs after Kevin Girardin singled in Johnston in the fourth. Goodman knocked an RBI triple into deep center to put Framingham State's lead 9-0, but was thrown out at home on a throw by Paladino to keep the score at nine.
- Emerson used its bottom half of the fifth to plate three runs and brought its deficit down to six at 9-3.
- Nachamie singled to begin the inning and came around to score on an RBI grounder by freshman Thai Morgan for the first Lions run. (9-1)
- With runners on second and third, Padovani lined a two-out RBI single into right and plated both sophomore Josh Cohen and freshman Jake Hatch. (9-3)
- The Lions added a fourth run in the following inning when Paladino took a trip around the base paths on an inside the park homer that landed just shy of the left field fence. (9-4)
- After Emerson pulled within four, Framingham State tacked on three more runs that spanned from the seventh to ninth frames to jump ahead, 13-4.
- Emerson continue its home stand tomorrow in an afternoon non conference tilt with Lasell at 3:30 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS