Score: Babson 2, Emerson 1
Pitching Decision: W - Connor Gill | L - Tim Mainella
Records: Emerson Lions (7-21, 1-13 NEWMAC) ; Babson Beavers (22-10, 12-3 NEWMAC)
Location: Babson Park, Mass. (Govoni Field)
Date: Friday, April 20, 2018
The Lead: The Emerson baseball started off its three-game set with the Babson Beavers with a 2-1 setback at Govoni Field on Friday afternoon in NEWMAC action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
IN THE BOX
- Senior Pablo Feldman (Mill Valley, Calif.) was one of five Lions who recorded a hit and also scored one run with an RBI.
- Jake Oliger powered Babson in a perfect 3-for-3 effort at the plate with one RBI and Ryan Arena drove in one run.
ON THE MOUND
- Mainella threw six innings on the bump in the loss and allowed two runs (one earned) to cross on three hits, four walks and two strikeouts.
- Gill pitched a complete game for Babson and surrendered just one run on five hits while he struck out eight and walked one.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson capitalized on a mishap by the shortstop in the top half of the first that allowed Feldman to plate the game's first run.
- Babson answered in the second and third frames to put themselves ahead of the Lions, 2-1.
- After Oliger knocked the equalizing RBI double into the gap of left center in the second, Arena sent a line drive into left and brought in Brian McHale.
- The Lions had a chance to knot the score at 2-2 in the seventh with a runner on third, but the inning concluded on a fly ball.
- Emerson and Babson wrap its three-game series tomorrow afternoon at Campanelli Stadium starting at 12:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS