Overall: 6-4 (0-2 NEWMAC)
Scoreboard: Wellesley 3, Emerson 0 | September 11, 2018
Coast Guard 3, Emerson 1 | September 15, 2018
Endicott 3, Emerson 0 | September 15, 2018
Schedule: Tuesday, September 18 at Babson*, Babson Park, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 20 at Brandeis, Waltham, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 22 vs. Mount Holyoke* & Suffolk, Boston, Mass., 12 & 2:30 p.m.
BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson women's volleyball team rolls into a match heavy week filled with two NEWMAC opponents and two out of conference opponents. Emerson starts the week off on Tuesday night over at Babson at 7 p.m., followed by a non conference match at Brandeis come Thursday at 7:00 p.m.. Then on Saturday, the Lions welcome in Mount Holyoke and Suffolk for a pair of matches set for 12 and 2:30 p.m. starts.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- Freshman Carolyn Vaimoso (Torrance, Calif.) sits in the third spot with 3.71 kills per set and sophomore Grace Tepper (Kensington, Md.) follows in fifth in the conference averaging 3.17.
- Senior Fara Cohen's (Morristown, N.J.) 3.77 digs a set ranks her ninth with her 132 digs placing her in fifth.
- Senior Moira Brennan (Glenview, Ill.) has averaged 9.69 assists per set and sits her in the fifth spot.
MAKING MOVES TO THE RECORD BOOKS
- 10 matches into the 2018 season, Cohen and Brennan are on their way to reaching big milestones in their collegiate careers.
- Cohen currently sits at 975 total digs on the year and is only 25 digs away from hitting 1,000, while Brennan is 46 assists away from reaching the 2,500 career assists milestone.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
- Babson finished the week out 2-1 to move its overall record to 6-4 and are 2-0 in the NEWMAC after picking up a pair of conference wins over WPI and Clark.
- The Beavers took a trip to the NCAA Tournament last season where they fell to Ithaca in the regional final and thus ended its 2017 season at 22-10 and a 8-2 NEWMAC showing.
- Emerson and Babson last met back on September 19, 2017 with the Beavers taking the 3-0 win.
- The Lions trail the all-time series with the Beavers 2-7 and last took a win vs. Babson back on October 15, 2013.
- Allie Puccio leads Babson in the kills category with 2.76 a set and Elizabeth Cameron has racked up 9.03 assists per set.
- Kristin Carosotto powers the Beavers offense with a .301 hit percentage and a defense leading .88 blocks and is followed by Abby Beecher, who serves .32 aces per set and 4.49 digs a set.
SCOUTING THE JUDGES
- Brandeis sits at 5-4 and are coming off two consecutive losses with the most recent coming in a 3-2 setback against Endicott last Friday.
- The Judges completed 2017 with an overall record of 17-15 and 0-7 in UAA play and finishes its season in a loss to FDU-Florham in the ECAC semifinals.
- Emerson faced Brandeis last season on September 21, 2017 where the Judges came away with the straight sweep win.
SCOUTING THE RAMS
- Suffolk holds a record of 2-5 and are 1-1 against GNAC opponents and are coming off its first conference loss in a 3-0 setback against Lasell.
- The Rams will face Salem State on Wednesday night before heading across the Common to Emerson on Saturday.
- A 3-0 defeat to Simmons in the GNAC quarterfinals concluded Suffolk's 2017 season at 13-16 and were 6-6 in conference.
- The last matchup between Emerson and Suffolk dates back to September 15, 2016 with the Lions downing the Rams in three sets.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
- Mount Holyoke stands at 5-3 through eight matches and have an 0-2 in GNAC play after a straight three set loss to Wellesley this past Saturday.
- The Lyons will face Coast Guard on Tuesday and head to Anna Maria come Thursday before they face Emerson.
- 2017 saw Mount Holyoke end at 10-12 to go with a 1-9 record in conference play that included a 3-0 loss to the Lions back on September 23, 2017.
- Sasha Simine paces the Mount Holyoke offense with 3.00 kills per set and a .374 hit percentage with the help of Brayden Walden, who averages 7.84 assists, .96 aces per set. and .75 blocks and Cameron Graham with a team leading 4.04 digs a set.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS