Overall Record: 3-1 (0-0 NEWMAC)
Scoreboard: Tufts 4, Emerson 0 | September 5, 2018
Emerson 1, Wesleyan (Conn.) 0 | September 8, 2018
BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson women's soccer team closed out its opening set of home contests with a split in non conference contests with Tufts and Wesleyan (Conn.) and enter its first week of NEWMAC action. Emerson takes a short trek over to Wentworth Wednesday night for a 7:00 p.m. contest. On Saturday, the Lions meet their first NEWMAC opponent in Mount Holyoke at 1:00 p.m.
LAST WEEK ON REWIND
- Emerson took a split in its two contests between Tufts and Wesleyan (Conn.) to put its overall record at 3-1.
- The Lions started its home schedule last Wednesday with a shutout loss to the Jumbos of Tufts.
- It was Saturday's matchup versus Wesleyan (Conn.) where sophomore Alana Hagerty (Dillsburg, Penn.) tallied her first collegiate goal that counted as the game winner in a 1-0 win over the Cardinals.
LIONS WITHIN THE NEWMAC
- Entering its second full week of games, four Lions continue to represent Emerson in the top-10 of NEWMAC offensive and defensive categories.
- Senior Jess Frost (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) paces Emerson with a NEWMAC sixth best three goals and is tied for 10th with six points.
- Both sophomore Amanda Benavente (Boca Raton, Fla.) and senior Elizabeth Noble (Long Beach, Calif.) sit tied for fifth with two assists each.
- Within her first four games in net, freshman keeper Megan Rose (Danville, Calif.) ranks second among NEWMAC goalies with 23 saves and fifth with a .821 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE LEOPARDS
- Wentworth has won its last pair of contests, both coming at the New England College Classic this past weekend, to put its overall record at 2-2-1.
- Wednesday's meeting between Emerson and Wentworth will be the 11th time with the Lions trailing the all-time series 3-6-1 dating back to September 2, 2014.
- Leading Wentworth on the stat sheet is Jess Poratti, who has tallied a team-best two goals for four points and both Abigail Meyers and Emma daSilva have each been credited with one assists.
- Splitting time in net for the Leopards are both Christine Fleming and Allison Hayes with Fleming posting a 1-1-1 overall record and Hayes at 1-1.
- Fleming has started in three games with one save for a save percentage of .963 to go along with a .31 goals against average within 290 minutes in the net.
- Through 179 minutes in between the pipes, Hayes has two starts under her belt with a goals against average of 2.00 to go along with a .636 save percentage on seven saves.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
- Mount Holyoke shouldered a 2-1 overtime loss on Tuesday night to Western New England with its overall record now at 2-2.
- In the last installment of the Lions vs. Lyons back on September 16, 2017, Emerson came out on top, 4-2, over at Rotch Field.
- Mount Holyoke boasts three players with one goal apiece while Minerva Veeser-Bobea has one assist.
- Amanda Manaster has manned the net for Mount Holyoke in all four games with 28 saves for a save percentage of .778 and a 2.95 goals against average within 244 minutes in goal.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS