Jan 31, 2019
Men's Volleyball at Dean
January 31st, 2019
Franklin, Mass. (Pieri Gymnasium)
- The Lions went 1-1 in their opening Tri-Match, defeating the Nichols College Bison 3-1 in their opening match of 2019.
- Against Nichols, Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.) led all players with 24 points. Piorkowski had 21 kills on 42 total attacks. He added 10 digs for the Lions.
- Josh Elliot (Swedesboro, N.J.) totaled 22 assists in his first ever collegiate match. He added 8 digs and three kills.
- The Lions fell 3-0 against the St. Joseph's College (LI) Golden Eagles in the second match of the day. Piorkowski had 16 kills in the second match, adding six digs.
- Elliot led the Lions with 13 assists, while Lucas Raagas (Cambridge, Mass.) added nine assists.
LIONS IN THE GNAC
- After two matches, Piorkowski leads all players in the GNAC with 5.29 kills per set and is number three with 37 total kills.
- Elliot finds himself at number seven in the conference with 5 assists per set. Raagas is close behind Elliot with 3.57 assists per set coming in at number nine in the conference.
- Jacob DiTore (Salem, N.H.) is number four in the conference with 2.57 digs per set.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Dean will be playing their first match of the season against the Lions on Thursday.
- The Bulldogs finished last year with a 15-10 record, although Emerson defeated Dean 3-0 both times the teams met.
- Dean only returns two players from their 2018 squad, Aaron Brody and Chad Pelletier.
- Brody totaled 19 kills and nine digs in 29 sets during the 2018 season.
- Pelletier had 40 digs and nice service aces in 61 sets played.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS