Score: Emerson 0, Lesley 0 (2OT)
Records: Emerson Lions (3-8-1, 1-4 NEWMAC) ; Lesley Lynx (2-5-3, 2-1 NECC)
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
The Lead: After a hard fought battle through 110 minutes, the Emerson men's soccer team drew to a 0-0 double overtime tie with Lesley in the 13th playing of the Charles River Cup on Wednesday night in non conference action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Senior Paul Bou Aziz (Nice, France) booted a team leading seven of Emerson's 27 shots as freshman RJ Dziejma (Flanders, N.J.) followed with five and junior Gavin Faucette (Oakland, Calif.) with four.
- Sophomore goalkeeper David Kemp (London, England) made stopped four shots on target within 110 minutes.
- Andrew Medeiros had three shots for Lesley followed by two from Liam Perrine.
- David Crutchfield manned the Lesley goal for the full 110 minutes and reached double figures in stops with 13.
- Emerson heavily outshot Lesley, 27-11, and held the 15-4 advantage in corners.
- Lesley committed 17 infractions, while Emerson was called on 11.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Though it was a back and forth affair between Emerson and Lesley, it was the Lions who were offensively able to create more scoring chances.
- The Lions continued to force the issue and found their shots being saved at the last second by Crutchfield.
- Early in the first half, junior Creighton Dorfman (Northbridge, Mass.) latched onto a corner kick, which was headed towards the top corner, only to be saved.
- The pressure continued into the second overtime where Dziejma forced the issue down the right wing, cutting back on the end line multiple times and playing crosses that ultimately did not find an Emerson player.
- Emerson plays host to Springfield in a NEWMAC contest on Saturday, October 13 starting at 1:00 p.m.
- Lesley gets back on the field come Saturday as well when they head off to Eastern Nazarene at 2:30 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS