Overall Record: 0-3-0 (0-0-0 NEWMAC)
Scoreboard: Salem St Vikings 2, Emerson 1
BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson Men's Soccer team fell in a heartbreaking loss to the Vikings on Salem State on Saturday Afternoon. The Lions fell behind 2-0 before surging back in the last 15 minutes to almost force an overtime period. The Lions will look for their first win as they take on UMASS Boston on Tuesday.
- Emerson played in it's first match after having a week off from game action on Saturday.
- The Lions welcomed the Vikings of Salem State to Rotch Field, falling 2-1 in a chippy affair that came down to the last kick for the Lions.
- Paul Bou Aziz (Nice, France) found the back of the net for the first time in 2018 with a left footed shot that fired into the top corner from outside the box.
LIONS WITHIN THE NEWMAC
- David Kemp (London, England) sits in fifth in the conference with 12 total saves in his first three matches.
- The Lions as a team sit in fourth in total shot on goal percentage with almost half of their shots hitting the target at a .452 clip.
SCOUTING THE BEACONS
- UMASS Boston sits in eighth of nine spots in the Little East Conference with a 1-4 overall record and a 0-0 conference record.
- The team has totaled five goals in five matches, averaging one per game while allowing 13 over the five matches.
- Five different players have scored and assisted for the Beacons, as they come in boasting a balanced attack.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
- Heading into the week, Clark has a 4-0 record, scoring at least five goals in all four matches and only allowing one.
- Alex Maiorano and Sean Munroe each have scoured four goals on the year and Jonathan Guilherme and Charlie Lane have each scored three for the Cougars.
- Both goalkeepers Melvin Vincent and Marco White have started two matches and been victorious in both starts. Vincent has totaled 12 saves over his two starts while White has three.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS