Jan 04, 2019
Men's Basketball vs Clark Cougars
January 5th, 2019
Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
TAKING A LOOK BACK
- Emerson opened up its' NEWMAC schedule on Wednesday traveling to take on the Bears of Coast Guard Academy.
- Emerson was victorious in a back and forth affair, defeated the Bears 84-76 after pulling away late in regulation on a Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) three pointer.
- Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) notched an impressive 17 point, 18 rebounds double-double in the win.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) finds himself in the top three of two statistical categories in at the start of 2019. He is currently ranked number 3 in points per game with 19.9 and number two in rebounds per game with 9.2
- Houston finds himself in the top five in two categories, coming in at number 4 in rebounds per game with 8.3 and number 5 in field goal percentage with 56.7.
- O'Connor leads all scorers in the conference in points per game with 21.4.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
- The Clark University Cougars enter the matchup with a 4-8 record and an 0-1 record in the NEWMAC, losing their first conference game to the Wheaton (Mass.) Lyons.
- The Cougars have four players averaging double figures and are paced by sophomore forward Tyler Davern who averages 17 points per game. Brendan Kittredge averages 15 point per game.
- Davern and Kittredge also lead the Cougars in rebounds per game, with 7.1 and 6.5 respectively.
- The team averages 80.4 points per game on 47.9 percent shooting from the field.