Score: Coast Guard 91, Emerson 74
Records: Emerson Lions (10-15, 4-10 NEWMAC) ; Coast Guard Bears (11-12, 3-11 NEWMAC)
Location: New London, Conn. (Roland Hall)
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2018
The Lead: Junior Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) registered a team-high 25 points for the Lions as the Emerson men's basketball team dropped its final contest of 2018 to the Coast Guard Bears, 91-74, on Saturday afternoon in NEWMAC play.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Gray followed up his career high 47 point performance on Wednesday with a 25 point performance, adding 13 rebounds and four assists.
- Playing in his last game for the Lions, Senior Corey Fitz (Los Altos, Calif.) canned a career high 18 points, while sophomore Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) added 10 points for the Lions.
- Emerson shot 37.5% (24-64) from the field while the Bears converted on 47.8% (32-67) of their field goals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson jumped out to and early lead, opening up it's largest with 11:56 in the first half at 26-15, capping off a 15-2 run.
- The Bears used a 17-3 run of their own to regian the lead at 35-31 with 6:07 left in the half.
- With 16:10 left in the second half, the Bears extended their lead to 13 after scoring eight straight points.
- The Lions cut the lead to five on a pair of free throws converted by O'Connor, but were never able to get any closer.
- The Bears went on a 21-4 run to end the game, setting the final score at 92-71.
- Emerson and Coast Guard's seasons have come to a close.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS