Score: MIT 12, Emerson 1
Records: Emerson (6-14, 1-7 NEWMAC) l MIT (11-5, 6-1 NEWMAC)
Location: Cambridge, Mass.
Date: April 8, 2018
The Lead: The Emerson Lions Baseball team fell in their third straight game to cross town NEWMAC rivals the Engineers of MIT.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Patrick Callahan earned the victory for the Engineers with six innings pitched. Callahan only allowed one run and four hits.
- Nike Rempe (Islip, N.Y.) took the loss for the Liosn in his four innings pitched. Rempe allowed six runs and eight hits. He struck out one batter.
- MIT outhit Emerson 14-4.
- Max Lancaster led the Engineers with four hits, four RBIs, and three runs scored.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- MIT jumped out to an early lead, plating three runs in the top of the first inning.
- They grabbed one more in the top of the second and in the top of the third on a homerun by Andrew Krause.
- Emerson grabbed one run back after being down by 10 in the bottom of the sixth.
- MIT scored two more in the top of the ninth inning and closed out the game with a 12-1 victory.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
- Stay updated on all things Emerson baseball and follow the Lions on Twitter and Facebook at Emerson College Baseball, along with Instagram. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to catch the Lions in action and follow Emerson Athletics on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.